Schools (centres) are to register their candidates using the offline application before logging online to the NECO registration portal www.neco.gov.ng to effect payment of registration and other mandatory fees before uploading the candidates’ data.
The minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school for SSCE Internal is twenty (20). Any centre registering less than 20 candidates is deemed unviable.
Note: Registration cards will no longer be used with effect from 2019. Schools (Centres) are to come up with candidates list and take it to NECO for validation, NECO will allocate the number of candidates validated aa the allocate quota to the centre. Centres will then log in to the NECO portal and pay the registration fees into the NECO TSA online using the payment options. Once payment is successful, the candidates’ data can be uploaded from the offline app and only then will exam numbers be generated for the candidates.
The following are the approved fees for the examination and other related items:
- Registration fees – 9,850.00 Naira (Mandatory fee)
- Late Registration – 1,000.00 Naira per candidate
- Photo album – 1,350.00 Naira per pair – (Mandatory fee)
- Syllabus – 1,200.00 Naira per copy
- Four figure table – 200.00 Naira per copy
- Unviable centre fee – 40,000.00 Naira (for centres that registered less than 20 candidates)
- Late submission of 3rd Year CA fee – 20,000.00 Naira (applies when centres submit their CA3 after the window has closed)